8/08/2009

Wordzzle 1

10-word challenge:

It’s my second year of medical school, and I’m still reluctant to challenge the authority of any upperclassmen. I've seen them make mistakes in class that would kill a person in real life, but I'm afraid of a dirty deed happening to me or a friend. If I so much as open my mouth, the fourth-year sitting next to me will make a gesture that's ever so unfriendly. I guess it's not their fault for meing mean. I'm a certifiable genius, and while they're all over 24, I'm 15 and getting excellent grades in every class; they must view it like a sacrilege to medicinal practice. It must feel humiliating to see a young kid do so well in their territory when their grades are crumbling into sand. I've tried to get them to thaw with token gestures like letting them borrow a pencil or a textbook, but they still give me the cold shoulder. The only person I can talk with comfortably is the master of ceremonies; he's as smart as I am and isn't afraid to say so, either.

Official portrait, personal bank account, shoulder bone, unbearable, widow

5-word mini:

Lady Maria Flaversham shifted impatiently on her chair; her husband was late for the official portrait painting yet again. Probably an inconsistency within his personal bank account. The doorbell rang; when she opened the door, two policemen stood there, looking uncomfortable. "Lady Maria, it's our solemn duty to inform you that your husband...er...you're now a widow, madam. This may be an unbearable question to ask you at the moment, but...did he ever have his shoulder bone replaced? It's missing."

I'm not brave enough to try the maxi...

Thanks Raven!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to wordzzles! You did a great job on both. It's fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Followers