8/05/2009

Living with Rob (Three Word Thursday)

Jenny sighed as she heard the screech of surprise and pain, but she put away the groceries before she did anything about it. Walking into the living room, she saw she was correct in her guess: Rob had tried to play his DS with a broken wrist and two broken fingers. Rob looked up piteously, which might have worked if he hadn't tried that earlier.
"Jenny, could you--" Rob began, but was cut off.
"'Jenny, is my hand going to be okay? Jenny, can I cook tonight with my broken hand? Jenny, can I sue the manufacturer of cardboard boxes for breaking my hand and fingers?' Rob, I've had it up to HERE with your rogitations!" Jenny growled. "For some reason I cannot fathom, you seem to assume that that hand and those phalanges lets you develop an egocentric attitude to to the point of solipsism!"
Robert ducked his head in apology as Jenny picked up the DS and put it away.
"I'm sorry, Jen. I guess I just...I'm not used to this. I'm used to handling everything by myself. I'm really sorry." Rob looked up at Jenny with no trace of self-pity. "Forgive me?"
Jenny looked at him, a smile playing about her lips. "Yeah, I guess."
Rob bounded to his feet, knocking a picture frame askew. "Cool! I'm next to nequient in my one hand, but I can still help put groceries away!"
Jenny shook her head as she followed him into the kitchen.

6 comments:

  1. Somehow I think he should just sit down and take it easy - before he's knocked down :-)
    An enjoyable tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be hard to get active people to sit still, especially when they're sick or injured. If only they'd realize that they'd get better that much quicker. Cute story and great use of the words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Rob. It is rough being in pain and having people irritated with you.
    Great use of Quilly's words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We dragons find human behavior so weird.
    Your use of Quilly's words , however, is not weird but wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And your proud mom can't believe you do so well with words at your age! What a bright kid. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to 3WT -- this is a great story. You may have a career in the writing field waiting for you. Truth is, whatever you decide to do, being able to write and communicate well will serve your goal!

    quilldancer.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers