7/27/2009

University hunting

The last week and a half, I've been in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick for the first vacation out of country in over three years. It's beautiful up there, and I really enjoyed it. I also looked at universities up there. (My parents are finally college-hunting! YES!) Nova Scotia is home to over five exceptional universities, but I only visited three...well, call it three and a half. Saint Mary's University was the first I visited. It's rather small, but the entire university is connected by ground-level corridors. The easiest way to tell whether students are in residence (Americans would call them dorms) is what they're wearing; if they're wearing filp-flops and tank tops when snow's on the ground, they're in residence--they don't have to walk outside to get to class, so why dress according to the weather?
I visited Dalhousie University the day after. It has one of the most beautiful campuses I've seen, and THE MOST CRAZY AWESOME sports center! Called the "dalplex," it's a sports center held up entirely by air pressure. 600 students took their exams there last year. Insane stuff.
Dalhousie also has a cool medical program; I'm interested in going for a medical degree, but I'm not sure what I'd be good at. Not pediatrician, for sure...

Okay, my parents want me off the laptop. Weeeelll, tell you more about Dal and ALL about UNBSJ (university of New Brunwick, St. John campus) tomorrow. See ya around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers